Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Calling and Casting

"Evening, and morning, and at noon, will I pray, and cry aloud: and He shall hear my voice.... Cast thy burden upon the Lord, and He shall sustain thee: He shall never suffer the righteous to be moved" (Psalm 55:17,22). "A Friend loveth at all times, and a Brother is born for adversity" (Proverbs 17:17).

At evening, and morning, and noon will I pray.
I know God has heard me whenever I've cried.
He is my Friend at all times, everyday;
Born for adversity, for me He once died.

Call on the Lord as your unfailing Friend.
Cast on the Lord every burden of care.
Born as a Brother was Christ to this end:
To save you, sustain you, and hear every prayer.

How sweet the assurance: our Lord cannot fail!
Though adversity comes, He rules from above.
No powers against us can ever prevail
To sever our souls from His infinite love.

No comments: