Sunday, February 11, 2007

Earnest Eyes

"Behold, as the eyes of servants look unto the hand of their masters, and as the eyes of a maiden unto the hand of her mistress, so our eyes wait upon the Lord our God, until that He have mercy upon us" (Psalm 123:2). "Behold, He cometh with the clouds; and every eye shall see Him, and they also which pierced Him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of Him. Even so, Amen." (Revelation 1:7).

My eyes are fixed upon the Lord;
I wait for His command,
Just as a servant looks toward
His master's gestured hand.

Behold, He's coming back again
And every eye shall see
Those hands once pierced by sinful men
Of Him Who died for me.

Until that day I'll fix my eyes
Upon my Lord and Savior,
That I may please Him and be wise
In all of my behavior.

No comments: