Thursday, August 24, 2006

Exceeding Expectation

"Lay not wait, O wicked man, against the dwelling of the righteous; spoil not his resting place: for a just man falleth seven times, and riseth up again" (Proverbs 24:15). "And when Peter was come to himself, he said, Now I know of a surety, that the Lord hath sent His angel, and hath delivered me out of the hand of Herod, and from all the expectation of he people" (Acts 12:11).

Let all the expectation of the people be exceeded,
For God is my salvation, providing all I've needed.
Lay not, O wicked one, in wait against my soul:
I'm trusting God the Son to cleanse and make me whole.

Let all the expectation of the powers of darkness fail.
God hears my supplication; He surely will prevail.
Yes, let my soul arise, victorious, undiminished,
And thus my foe surprise, who thought that I was finished.

Let all the expectation of even my own heart
Exceed the limitation, I imagined at the start.
Let Jesus be exalted, victorious over strife;
His kingdom never halted in ruling all my life.

No comments: