Saturday, January 01, 2005

The Propriety of Prosperity

"Turn you at My reproof: behold I will pour out My Spirit unto you; I will make known My words unto you.... For the turning away of the simple shall slay them, and the prosperity of fools shall destroy them. But whoso hearkeneth unto Me shall dwell safely, and shall be quiet from fear of evil"(Proverbs 1:23,32,33).

May you prosper in this year
In every way that God holds dear.
Yet heed those words with godly fear,
That warn of our seduction.

Be careful of prosperity
Indifferent to eternity,
That leads astray humanity
Into its own destruction.

You cannot measure these with math:
The wealth we find upon God's path,
The price God paid to save from wrath,
And from our soul's corruption.

So may you prosper in God's sight
Throughout the year in all that's right,
And find in Christ the life and light,
That's found in His instruction.

No comments: