Monday, September 23, 2024

Humble vs. Hardened

Read:  Psalm 119:169-176 / Proverbs 23 / Ezekiel 27 / Heb. 3

 

Psalm 119:176 ~ I have gone astray like a lost sheep; seek thy servant; for I do not forget thy commandments.

Proverbs 23:26 ~ My son, give me thine heart, and let thine eyes observe my ways.

Ezekiel 27:32 ~ What city is like Tyrus…destroyed in… the sea?

Hebrews 3:7,8 ~ Wherefore, as the Holy Ghost saith, Today if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts, as in the provocation, in the day of temptation in the wilderness. 

 

All we like sheep have gone astray,

As we unwisely tend to do,

But we may turn to Christ today

And let His beauty fill our view.  

 

Our Lord’s return is drawing near

As hardened hearts dismiss His warning. 

But humble hearts will wisely hear

The Gospel that the proud are scorning. 

 

https://quiettimepoems.blogspot.com/

No comments: